I. Journal Articles
- “Picturing the Mind: Freud on Metapsychology and Methodology.” WestEnd: Neue Zeitschrift für Sozialforschung. Forthcoming 2022
- “How Shall We Put Ourselves in Touch with Reality?” On Baldwin, Film, and Acknowledgment. Social Research (2021) Special Issue on Apology. 87:4.
Russell “How Shall We Put Ourselves in Touch with Reality?”
- “Kantian Self-Conceit and the Two Guises of Authority.”
Canadian Journal of Philosophy. (2020) 50:2.
- “Unity and Synthesis in the Ego Ideal: Reading Freud’s Concept Through Kant’s Philosophy.” American Imago (2012), 69: 3.
II. Articles in Edited Collections
- “Kant and the Opacity of Human Action.” Kant’s Fundamental Assumptions. Eds. Colin Marshall and Colin McLear. Oxford University Press. Forthcoming.
- “I Want to Know More About You: Knowing and Acknowledging in Cavell and Chinatown.” Cavell and Aesthetic Understanding. Ed. Garry Hagberg. Palgrave Macmillan. 2018.
Russell I Want to Know More About You
- “The Space of Pathos: Meaning, Anxiety, and Ethics in Being and Time.” Existential Philosophy and Ethics. Eds. Hans Feger and Manuela Haeckel. De Gruyter, 2013.
Russell The Space of Pathos
- Tamar Schapiro’s Feeling Like It: A Theory of Inclination and Will. Oxford University Press, 2021. Philosophical Review (forthcoming 2022).
- Laura Papish’s Evil, Self-Deception, and Moral Reform. Journal of the History of Philosophy, Volume 58, Number 2, April 2020.
- Melissa Merritt’s Kant on Reflection and Virtue. Society for German Idealism and Romanticism Review. Vol 2., Issue 1. 2019 (60-71).