- “Towards a Critical Theory of Self-Knowledge: Lessons from Du Bois.” Self-Opacity, Ethics, and Agency Conference. Yale University.
- “Self-Opacity and the Social World.” Critical Theory Roundtable, Amherst University.
- “The Illusion of Self-Conceit.” New York German Idealism Workshop, New School for Social Research University. (invited).
- “Aesthetic Self-Knowledge in Kant’s Third Critique.” American Comparative Literature Association (refereed).
- “The Paradox of Apology.” Annual Meeting, Central Division of the American Philosophical Association (refereed).
- “The Paradox of Apology.” Humanistic Ethics Conference. Rice University (invited).
- “Self-Opacity and Bodily Being (with Picasso’s Half-Length Female Nude).” Expose Yourself. A talk series at the Art Institute of Chicago in which academics use the permanent collection to present their research to the public.
- “A Perverse Nature: Freud’s Drive Theory and the Idea of Second Nature.”
Die Kunst der zweiten Natur. Goethe University Frankfurt.
- “Kant on Self-Opacity and Self-Conceit.” Annual Meeting, Central Division of the American Philosophical Association (refereed; response by Ryan Kemp).
- “Opacity is the Rule: On Nomy Arpaly’s Account of Agency.” Opacity, Fragility, Responsibility Workshop at the Phenomenology Research Group, Loyola University Chicago (invited).
- “Kant on Self-Conceit and Respect for Persons.” The Form of Practical Knowledge (Conference in Honor of Stephen Engstrom). Leipzig Universität.
- “Repetition and Difference in Film.” Vanderbilt University (invited).
- “Morality and Victimhood: Nietzschean Objections, Nietzschean Possibilities.” Annual Meeting of the Society for Phenomenology and Existential Philosophy (refereed).
- “Moral Self-Opacity and Moral Authority.” Society of Fellows Conference, University of Chicago (refereed).
- “Life in Truth: On Parrhesia in Late Foucault.” Annual Meeting of the Society for Phenomenology and Existential Philosophy (refereed).
- “I Want to Know More About You: Knowing and Acknowledging in Polanski’s Chinatown.” Experience, Intimacy and Authority Workshop. IV Research Workshop of Identity, Memory and Experience. Universidad Carlos III, Madrid (refereed).